Style (E)scapes: What's In Franki's Closet?

When thinking of the bloggers I wanted to include in this week of style, Franki Durbin of the blog Life In A Venti Cup immediately came to mind. This is a gal who knows what she loves - her style is consistently right on, and she and I share the same adoration for travel, all things girly and lots and lots of shoes. Here, she shares her top picks (lusts and musts!) for the spring!
Picture 36
First, a must: these Tory Burch Kimberly wedges. Perfect with shorts. Perfect with skinny pants. Just perfect. Much love. Much love. Also...the logo isn't so noticeable...a major plus for the shoe. I'm not a big fan of 2" logos emblazoned on my feet. This one is huge, but tastefully done with perforations.
Picture 37
While some Milly dresses look downright dowdy, I have to say she is rocking this trench. Big gold buttons and impeccable tailoring. This is my gotta-have-it item on the lust list!
Picture 38
And since we're working the gold accents...here's my arm candy. Prrrr..... Loving this Kara Ross piece. She's got that hint of white in the design. A must for summer. I'm loving this designer.
Picture 39
Out of necessity, I ordered my first pair of flats. Also my first ballerina slipper. Not sure I'm a flats girl (who am I kidding...I need my stilts), but these are reportedly incredibly comfortable. Personally, I find 4" heels offer me the comfort I desire...but the gold snakeskin perfection of these might offset any hesitation I am feeling. I'm calling these my must have flat of the summer. You heard it here first. Yes - even with that huge logo on the toe - I had to have these.
Picture 40
Since I eliminated almost all of the black from my closet recently, it's all about color for me. I love this flowy Milly dress. At my height this is certainly a dress, but you taller divas could easily rock this with white cafe shorts or cigarette leg white jeans and those Tory wedges from up top.
Picture 42
Picture 43
What is it with J. Crew. I've been falling for their preppy goodies a lot lately. The Frankie shorts...the cashmere cardis, the ruffle front tops. They keep claiming my money. And I'm okay with that. These cute tops are crisp cotton, which I find a bit too stiff in real life to wear...but I love the look of these with skinny ankle pants and platform wedges. Toss in a great bag and you're set for a fun day with the girls.
Alex_wa72_v2_big_large_large
The buzz around Alexis Bittar died down this year, but I still love his collection. This pair is my all time fave, as the lavender gem somehow matches nearly everything I put on with it. It looks just as good with yellow, salmon or pink as it does with black and whites. Love these. And just the right amount of "dangle" on the ears. (Shameless plug, I have another pair of these if you want them. Get 'em while they're hot!)
Picture 44
And let's not forget....the big sunglasses. I love these big Pradas. Just enough wrap to protect the eyes. Nice and square, which works well on my face. I really like these.

Generally, my look this year is skinny pants or short shorts with platform wedges. I'm loving the flowy chiffon/georgette floral tops with a clutch or shoulder bag. For dressing up I love a feminine dress and a big bracelet. The look is simple, but grand. Over-accessorizing is not a look I enjoy, so it's one statement piece of jewelry at a time with no other bling. Also...one metallic piece at a time. Big sunnies are essential. Shoes should inspire the rest of the outfit, not be an afterthought. And I personally love body-conscious clothing. If the top is loose and flowy you've got to show some leg or at least wear fitted pants.

Those are my absolute musts & lusts. Toss in a few more cute tunics, some fitted tees, a pair of perfect white jeans and you're set. Summer 2009 is looking fabulous!

See, I told you! This girl's got taste! Personally, I'm in love with the white trench with those gold buttons. And, of course, the Pradas. I die. Thank you Franki!!