Style (E)scapes: What's in Alek's Closet?

Alek at The Right Bank is a recent 'acquantance' of mine. I've been blog stalking her a bit, knowing that we were both from the Seattle area, but still having yet to meet. Of course, her time in Paris and New York makes her an expert on chic sensibilities (as far as I can tell!), and when she emailed me a few photos of her closet, I couldn't resist sharing them!

Before Seattle, I lived in Paris, New York, and other big cities so that has to a lot to do with why all I wear is black. I do like some color in my wardrobe though, usually in the warmer months. Like for this spring, I am loving the colorful graphic patterns at Marni. Marni has been my favorite designer for years and probably best represents my style. For everyday, my look is very APC or Comptoir des Cotonniers. But as much as I love clothes, my true love is shoes! And the less practical the better!

My 5 must haves for spring are:

*1. band/military jacket (I'm going with the toned down version from Sonia Rykiel above)
*2. boyfriend jeans
*3. romper (yes, I would really wear one!)
*4. linen scarf
*5. strappy platform sandals

Take notes from this one ladies! She knows what she's talking about! I also think that, aside from the shoe fetish, there is a 'less is more' approach to dressing here - I am completely guilty of living in my black clothes, and totally embrace it. Makes getting ready in the morning much easier, and seems to suit Seattle weather as well.