Botanical Bowls for the Table

Botanicals for the table are no new concept. We usually see them around the fall holidays in the shape of maple leaves, or in the spring featuring a classic cabbage leaf shape. Neither one of those are really my style, but since stumbling upon this photo by photographer Stacey Brandford, I've decided I might like a more clean and modern take on this look.


I love the subtle shades of blues and greens used on this table! And, don't the bowls add a little novelty without going over the top?

Perhaps that's why when I stumbled across these little cuties recently, I had to snatch them up for my etsy shop...


The palest shade of minty green with gold rimming... aren't they lovely? I'm not sure what the holes are for (perhaps for resting utencils in?), but I would use them to tie a bit of ribbon on as a seating card for special occasions.


I love the idea of mixing them with other pieces with gold detailing like these vintage plates (also in my store!), and they're the perfect size for anything from soup to a small summer salad.

Another option...


Keeping with the clean and more modern look, I like this sweet piece from Crate & Barrel as well.