Room of the Week 5.15



While the style of this room from Alex Papachristidis is not really my style (a little too close to traditional meets shabby chic), I am loving the way the room is completely centered around the brightly colored modern artwork on the wall. When I first saw this room, I had two reactions...

1) I want to stop the art from splashing all over the SO white fabric and
2) Then realized that the colors from the wheel have subtly already been spread into the decor... and that is genius.

The touches of light blues and pinks pull from the painting, and the effect is fresh and dreamy. I also like how the chairs are mismatched, but you don't quite notice at first because they've been upholstered in the same fabrics - the blue ones even have the same trim on them. In a way, the room blends together at first as your eyes are pulled directly to the art, then as you pull away, you notice more of the great little details. In fact... the whole effect is growing on me already! The more I look at this room, the more I think I could live with it...