Seeing Stripes

Maybe it's this season's obsession with all things nautical, the recent warm weather or the fact that I've always loved me a cool beach cabana, but I'm in the mood for some stripes! Here are my top three favorite finds of the moment...


Image via Desire to Inspire.

This patio perfectly captures the mood I'm in right now. A little tropical, a little cabana, and down to earth. Put me in a chaise with a little lemonade and I'm good!


Room by Mary McDonald

Nothing says sunny summer days like a yellow room, and the striped curtain and pillow add just the right touch of cabana. While my style is much less traditional than this, I love the overall scheme.



Photography by Sarah Kaye.

Another billowy striped curtain. *sigh*. And how great does it contrast with the floral print wallpaper?

Here's a few more for good measure! (Sorry the image is so small... it will get bigger with a click!)


From left... 1) Room by Miles Redd, 2) An all-time favorite via Domino, 3) Yellows and neutrals get a pop from striped curtains, via an old House & Garden UK, 4) A very fun and very cabana-esque room from Stephen Shubel, and 5) A soothing seafoam and caramel palette from Robin Karp.