I Wish I Could Loft

High ceilings makes living in a shoebox tolerable. I'm lucky enough to have 12 feet of head room throughout my small space. Those extra few feet really make all the difference.





If I could, I would go even higher though. I would love to add a loft to my space.  I may not be able to have a whole staircase, but even some spiral steps up to a suspended little nook would add entire new element.



I could finally add that home office I've been obsessing about. Did you notice the perfect little office space tucked away under the stairs?

My neighbor two doors down has a spectacular loft in her place.



It's so cool in fact, her apartment is a finalist in AT's Smallest Coolest contest. You can check out the whole pad (and vote for Monica!) here.  

Unfortunately for me major construction projects are tough to pull off in a 100 year old building so there's probably no loft in my future. 

In the meantime I'll just continue to dream about taking my place to new heights.