Snug as a Bug

I have this green rug from West Elm in my living room.





I liked it well enough when I first got it, but it does little more than take up space on my floor. It is not soft, it is not inviting, it is not plushy (my mother's favorite word, btw). It just is. I think the rug has got to go.


My inspiration comes from Peter Russman.



I don't have a lot of seating, so the floor needs to be another option and shag is all the rage (right Cassandra?). I also think a rug like that would add great warmth and depth to the room.

I'm currently considering some options from Sansom Shag Rugs. They have a million colors to choose from. Of course my current obsession with neutrals points me toward something like Flax.



But I could also go crazy and pick something like Spice.



This is where the reason I started this blog kicks in. What do you think people? Do you like shag?