Room of the Week 5.22

Now this is what I call serious inspiration:


I am absolutely swooooning for the amazing use of color in this room by Marjorie Skouras. Traditional shapes with very non-traditional color give this room power and interest. A style I would never be able to live in, or emulate, which is why I admire it so much. In fact, her use of color is extraordinary in many of her rooms... so I'll just have to share some more...



There's so much going on here to love. Adore the fact that they left out the backing in those chairs. Love the lattice floor tile. And the pink walls with that turquoise chandelier? How perfectly girly! PS - the chandelier is featured in the latest issue of Elle Decor...

Made of gorgeous turquoise beads draped in a classic southern style, for the right house it could be worth every $6,900 penny. (If you happen to have that lying around...)



Lastly, I had to post this ridiculous room. If Scarlett O'Hara's daughter had a modern day bedroom, I think it would look like this. And yes, Scarlett made the bedposts out of her old drapes ;) I adore it! It also has that very girly Betsy Johnson vibe, wouldn't you say? Perfect for the garden guesthouse or a little girl!