One Bedroom, Three Ways

I had forgotten how much I loved the decor of Ione Skye's very 'California cool' home until I stumbled upon the photo gallery last week while browsing through the Domino website.


This is exactly my style. A mid-mod fireplace, great textures in the rug, wood and woven stool, and throw pillows to add some pattern. Add lots of natural light, and you've got a winning combo! In fact, Ione's home is the perfect example of why I like to keep decor simple, and how changing out a few key pieces can entirely transform a space.


The first photo in the slide show is of Ione in her bedroom. (I am absolutely in LOVE with the green nightstands!) Note the Anthropologie-esque bedspread and the patterned rug. Now... ready for the switch?


Here we go! This bedroom was how the space was decorated when Ione's ex-fiance and interior designer David Netto moved in. Nice and simple, very neutral, and yeah, that's the same pillow from the living room. And now that David's gone...?


With two little changes, the space seems completely transformed! The bold blue and white striped rug lends to a 'cabana' feel, which I think perfectly compliments the raw materials and palms visible in the yard. The other little switch? A different bedspread to match the blues. Just goes to show that it doesn't always take much to change the feel of a space. My only question now is - which is your favorite style? (And ... I wonder what the place really looks like these days?)

Update! Please pop over to this old post at All Things Bright And Beautiful to see the unstyled version of Ione's home a few years back with more open room shots. I'm so in love with the space!