Room of the Week: 7.3

Well, I think I'm all out of girly-ness (I told you I didn't have a lot in me!) so we're back to pure classic sophistication and inspiration with this room from Eileen Kathryn Boyd.


I think the reason I am most in love with this room is that the colors are very similar to what I have going on in my living room. But the yellow and aqua really pop here. The curtains and windows are so amazingly dramatic, they just tie the whole thing together. I also love that the glass-topped desk doesn't even register as a desk when styled like this. Of course, it really does function as one...


See? Pretty! I love the chair, actually. Just what I'm looking for for my own desk.

And here's another view of the room...


Interesting how they matched everything almost TOO well. (Did you notice that even the books on the desk were color coordinated?). Of course, this was for a showhouse, so we can be forgiving of how ridiculously perfect it all is! I don't think I could stand something so matchy for long... but it sure does make a fabulous impact!