Bright Sunshiny Day

It's a very bright sunshiny day outside and while I do love me some neutrals, dearest cassandra opened my eyes to the option of color this morning and I began to contemplate bringing a little of the brightness inside.

O Mag recently profiled actress Jennifer Carpenter (yeah I didn't know who she was either) and her place certainly has a colorful pop to it.




She's got some great layering of bold color on top of a neutral base.  Loving the cream Eames (want. sigh.) topped with the bright throw.  Killer vintage-looking table lamp too.




The mix and max of textures, colors, and styles is certainly eclectic and fun.




But I always come back to my neutrals.  The bright colors are great for a sunny afternoon, but I think a room like this is going to keep me warm through the long Seattle winters.