Viva La Mexico

I had an entirely different post worked out in my head for today, but while going through my ritual evening browse Caroline Electic had to go and introduce to me Hotel Basico. I am now transfixed. Mesmerized. I'm mopping up puddles of drool.

First the hotel is gorgeous. On the Mayan Riviera south of Cancun, you can easily split your time between touring the ancient ruins of Chichen Itza or just look cool lounging in the sun.



The hotel's decor is simple, understated and fabulous.


The rooftop pools are modeled after the soil tanks found throughout the region.



The rooms appear open, airy, and just plain perfect.

And this is just the beginning. Hotel Basico is part of a family of amazing hotels scattered throughout Mexico. If Basico isn't to your liking, then perhaps you'd prefer Hotel Azucar.






I love the pop of the pink against someone's favorite kelly green.

This takes minimalist to a whole new level. And.I.love.it.

I have to stop now. I'm supposed to furnishing a house not purchasing plane tickets but this is oh so tempting!