Saturation Infatuation

Summer is officially here, and my mind has already wandered to fall palettes. Figures! While I still plan on incorporating a touch of pink into my bedroom, my living room has moved from this beachy theme, to this...


Gee... I wonder where my inspiration came from? If you look closely, you'll see...


I absolutely loved Julianne Moore's living room from the May issue of Domino. The funny thing was, I already had all the elements to recreate this for myself, they were just in different rooms. The deep blue pillows have been in my bedroom, and the yellow Thomas Paul floral pillow was already on the couch. (Psst, the alabaster bowl that I looove is for sale in my Etsy store which I will be updating again very soon!) Other changes? I moved my bar over to the corner, and put a little side chair in its place...


The chair is from Ikea, and the bar cart and the furry little pillow are from Empiric (oh, and so is my couch!). I wanted to add more texture, which is why I opted for the wicker chair. Plus, it lightens things up a bit! (Also, isn't it fun to see how everyone uses the 'Keep Calm' poster in their home?).

Besides Julianne's home, I've filed away plenty of other inspirational rooms with a similar feel to them to share as well! Most of them show a great use of a saturated color, but also great contrast, which is what I love the most.


Drew Barrymore's kitchen via Domino.

Thomas O'Brien's home.


I am absolutely in love with this space found via Desire to Inspire. I even tried throwing a red pillow into the mix on my couch... what do you think?


I might have subconsciously been trying to emulate Ivanka Trump's apartment that has been posted on so many times...


Of course this room from Nicholas Haslam might be the ultimate in saturation and contrast...



So, dear friends, I have to ask. Do you like the couch with the red pillow? Or should I keep it simple with the blue and yellow? Of course, knowing me... I'll be switching it up again in another month or so anyway!