Girly-Man

Photographer Polly Wreford is quite a talent.  She's the one who captured the girly glamour of the amazing glitter stairs seen here.

Polly also knows how to create the perfect balance of masculine and feminine, which is exactly what I'll be trying to do when the S.O. and I start playing house (this weekend, woo-hoo!).


I love how the flowers soften the hard edge details of the lamp, the silver vase and glass ashtray, but the blooms are still man-friendly.



While the frilly lampshades might be pushing it, I think the color scheme and combination of leather and wood create the perfect balance.



A satin bow is the perfect way to soften the pinnacle of all man-decorating, THE brown leather couch.


all photos via Sarah Kaye

I love how this dining area punches the feminine shapes in wallpaper up a notch by adding the black lamp shades.  I think the S.O. and I would both dine happily at that table!