Dressing For The 4th

If I were hosting a fabulous 4th, I'd take a seaside theme and run with it!


Mercury glass votives and red and white coral from Z Gallerie, blue coral via Beach Dwelling, linen coral napkin and silver rope pitcher from Vivre, and red glasses from Horchow.

I would cluster red white and blue coral for the centerpieces, and accent them with seashells and mercury glass votives placed throughout the table. The gorgeous silver and rope collection of serving pieces at Vivre would add a special touch, while festive red glasses add a pop of more color. I like the subtle coral pattern in the linens (don't want to go overboard with one theme - it gets a bit kitchy!), and adding some neutrals to the palate keeps it fresh and clean.

And what to wear? I'll take a cue from Bill Blass and Armani resort styles by taking nautical to the next level with mixed matched stripes in red white and blue.


PS - I'd totally add this bling to my arm...


I love rockin' a starfish. (From De Grisogono.)

Happy 4th of July everyone! Be safe, have fun, and I'll see you on Monday!