Coming Out of the Dark

I haven’t been thinking about my renovation project much since I was vacationing in Mexico all last week. But the entire time I was there I was marveling at the beautiful array of light you find in the Baja desert. I mean check it out, do things get any more beautiful?


There’s the bright redish light of sunrise, as someone had suddenly thrown on a spotlight or the fuzzy golden haze of 4:30 in the afternoon – the kind of light that makes everything look good. Then there’s the twinkle of nightsky blanketed with stars. You don’t see that in the Seattle city limits.

I don’t come anywhere close to achieving such pleasurable forms of light in my apartment. All I have is a nasty overhead light attached to a ceiling fan that does nothing for ambience.


So before I return to the daily humdrum I present the top three contestants for my once and future overhead light that I think could bring some Mexico-inspired illumination to my casa.

(from the possible to the totally impossible but oh how I wish it were)



Mercury glass pendant light from Gore Dean




Ceiling mount called Northwestern 6 from SchoolHouse Electric
And the 85 Light Chandelier from from OLighting. Its on sale for only $3,448!
With gorgeous options like these I'm sure I'll find something to bring the best light into my life!