Glossy Finds: Aptware for the Table

It usually takes me weeks before I get to the latest issue of my Domino, but with the ridiculously hot weather this weekend, I took the opportunity to catch up on my reading by the pool, and this piece really caught my eye...


I had never heard of Aptware before, and now am completely in love with the swirl of pattern that coats these pieces created by master artisans in France.


Aptware originated in a small village at the foothills of the Luberon in France around the mid-l8th century. They say the colors of the pieces were naturally inspired by the soils of the region - a variety of yellow, red, green, brown and white pigments which create the glaze for these pieces.


Some pieces are more vibrant in color than others. I love the brightness of these options from the Atelier du Vieil Apt, which is the creator of the pieces featured in Domino.


While I don't know that I'd want a whole table filled with these pieces - mixing them up with some clean white pieces would make for a different and lovely tabletop... don't you think?