Room of the Week 4.17



Feeling sunny again today, this room from Jamie Drake kept calling my name. Usually blues and greens are not colors I'm initially attracted to. I prefer warm peaches, yellows, reds with touches of these colors. But the textures and patterns used in this room are so well done, I have to love it.

The combination of fabrics on the couch is a very Euro style - not one we see a lot in the States, and I appreciate the risk it takes in a room! My only thought is... does is look a little college dorm room to combine the patterns this way? I literally remember creating a sofa slipcover from patterned fabric in college, and it looked just like this. Of course, in a sophisticated room, it takes on a whole new style... but still...

I think I'm most in love with the textured walls, the coffee table that looks like a huge oversized serving tray, the use of artwork that's not matchy matchy, and those great zig zag pillows!