We Interrupt This Broadcast

Due to a litany of technical difficulties I'm not able to bring you the grand reveal of my newly painted condo today as promised. But take my word, its fabulous! And I swear, I will share all very soon.

In the meantime, visitors to Apartment#34 have kindly taken time to say hi, send suggestions, and generally say really nice things about my renovation adventure. I want to thank everyone - commenters and lurkers alike for taking the time to stop by. THANK YOU! I now understand why this whole blogging thing is so addicting. It feels amazingly good to get a note of encouragement from total strangers!

I thought I'd take a moment to respond to everyone and let you know what you have to look forward to.

  • I have my heart set on painting my radiator, but it requires sand blasting and heat resistant paint. But fear not - a solution is in the works. Stay tuned on that one.

  • Carrie and Carol- I think great minds must think alike because I am in love with grey right now. You'll soon see.


  • As for my fashion based inspiration, the fall shows are always the biggest influence on my aesthetic - I think its living in Seattle that makes me a lover of layers.

Here's an attempt at fashion to room translation. I look at this gorgeous outfit from Day Birger et Mikkelsen


and translate the color palette, the great use of pattern, and the fab mix of matte and luxe fabrics in this room by David Lawrence





(via Habitually Chic)

You'll have to determine if I pulled off anything remotely as successful once my place is ready for its Ta-Dah moment.

I have to share another source of inspiration I found this weekend. My amazing man surprised with a stay at Hotel deLuxe in Portland. On the outskirts of the Pearl District, this tdf hotel is perfect for a weekend getaway.




If this doesn't make you drool then I don't know what will!

As for what's next, I'm going credenza crazy, looking for lighting, dreaming of new bedding and trying to determine what project to tackle next.

We hope to return to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow!