Trading Spaces

Cassie of coco + kelley and I regularly trade inspiration as you may have noticed in yesterday's post. Since Cass tried her hand at fashion, today I thought I'd take a stab at design. I hope you enjoy.

As I make my daily blog rounds I'm always banking shots of my dream rooms. While it seemed to take me forever just to select a white paint, I think I found the photographer whose images epitomize where I'd like to take my living room: Peter Russman. In fact, I'd like to just leave my living room and move into this one instead.






I love the expansive hard woods and clean white walls dotted with the my favorite layering technique, what I like to call "organized clutter." That gorgeous credenza is exactly what I need to beautifully hide all my electronics and who isn't a sucker for a well placed occasional chair.





How cozy and inviting is that plush rug?! And in the gray I'm currently loving. I just want to snuggle up with that pup right now. And while there's no way I'd ever fit a dining room table of that size into my 10x20 ft living room, I dream of the day when I have a banquet table of my very own and no longer have to feed friends one at a time.




Images from Desire to Inspire

The warm wood and bronze candle sticks make that gaggle of white vases pop, even against the backdrop of a white wall.

I'm going to attempt replicate Peter's amazing balance of cool whites, modern lines, and natural materials as I continue with my apartment transformation. Thank gawd I have Cassie to help me though, because I'm much better at picking out a hot pair of shoes.