Red Yellow Blue

It seems like another trend to add to the list these days is decorating with saturated colors. A year ago, if you asked me to decorate your apartment in primary colors (red, yellow and blue), I probably would have looked at you like you were crazy and thrown my hands up in exasperation. (What is this, a Crayola Crayon box?) But, these spaces have made me change my mind...




Ivanka Trump's apartment - a fairly neutral use of the primary colors.





Gorgeous styling from Jonny Valiant







Both rooms via Habitually Chic


Now, I'm not saying that this is my style (it's SO not), but these rooms are all amazing examples of how to use primary colors the right way... not an easy thing to do!

If it were me, however, my use of color would look a bit more like this...



This room (featured in Domino a few months back) keeps the space open with a simple white canvas that uses pops of the red, blue and yellow as fun yet sophisticated accent colors. This space is anything but elementary, darling.

What are your thoughts on primary colors in design? Tricky right??