Room of the Week 4.24

I'm a big fan of juxtaposition and this formal dining room from Domino does an incredible job.



Normally, having the tall cabinet on one side of the room would not fly with me (I need more symmetry), but the large window and heaviness of the settee lend a bit of balance, and the fact the top of the cabinet is mirrored also helps the illusion. I love the mix of blues used in the room, as well as textures and styles. The heavy formal velvet seating contrast with the sisal rug and chinoiserie style bench. And how much do you adore those billowy curtains? They remind me of these. The unique bust and the beautiful chandelier complete the room.

To be honest, I think the bench looks a little out of place (like maybe it should have been a creamy white or silver leaf instead of a bright white?). And, if it were up to me, I would have much rather had a nice worn in farm style table instead of the more formal one. But, overall I can definitely appreciate the style they've got going on here.