Bridesmaid Challenge: Lyndsy & Erin Bring It On

So, here's what I sent my two (very different) maids, Erin and Lyndsy...


With no further instructions than, "You're my bridesmaid ~ take this and run with it!" they both went for it and came out with two boards each uniquely them ... with some surprising similarities!

Lyndsy's Board:


Dress: Melissa Sweet Spring 2009 Collection at theknot.com, Shoes: Manolos, Cuff Bracelet: J.Crew, Hair: Ellen Pompeo at People.com, Make Up: Brides.com, Earrings: Alexis Bittar, Bouquet: Arturo Quintero of Prudence Designs.

Erin's Board:


Dress: Dior Spring 2008, Bouquet: Photo by Amy Squires, Rhinestone Hair Pin: Via Junebug Weddings, Makeup Inspiration: Kristen Bell, Earrings: Margo Morrison, Clutch: Stella McCartney, Ring: J.Crew, Shoes: Christian Louoboutin.

I was surprised that they both picked a subtle shade of grey for their dresses ~ perhaps it was the huge tent on my inspiration board that led them down that path? And both had little embellishments on them as well! I thought for sure Lynds would go for gold or pink in that category.

I love that they both also picked pieces from J.Crew to provide a little pop to their ensembles. Erin's ring is the perfect shade of pink. I think the biggest difference is probably their bouquets. While I love Erin's I'd have to go with Lyndsy's... but it did remind me that I forgot one of my major loves! Magnolia leaves! Does one speak to you more than the other?

A big thanks again to Anne at Perfect Bound for taking the time this morning to introduce the challenge. If you want to play along, send me your submissions!