The DRESS!

I can only imagine that choosing a wedding dress could be the hardest process of the wedding. I mean... it's THE dress. For THE day. The ensemble that your future husband will see you walking down the aisle in that should make his face light up in awe and love and amazement that he has YOU. This beautiful gorgeous ethereal being... ok, ok, I'm getting carried away. Let's start with a little inspiration, shall we?

Clockwise from left: Dress via {this is glamorous}, Romona Keveza ruffle train, Amsale pink, Romona Keveza ruffle & flower detail, colorful tulle photo by Aaron Delesie, veil photo by John & Joseph Photography, the most fantastic shoes ever ~ photo by Elizabeth Messina, middle dress by Vera Wang.

If there's one thing I've always wanted in a wedding dress it's a bit of character. Something original, but sweet and a little sexy. I love the idea of an oversized flower, cascading ruffles, or gorgeous detailing at the bust. So after hours of searching for the perfect dress (without trying any of them on!)... here are the finalists:


The mermaid cut always seems to flatter us shorter gals, and this design from Vera Wang is one of my favorites. I love the asymmetrical bustline with a bit of ruffle, a dark sash, and lots of pleated detail. It's casual and elegant at the same time ~ a hard combination to find!


This one might be my favorite... I love the gorgeous goddess flowy style of this dress by Reem Acra. The unconventional bustline adds structured detail while the flower keeps it whimsical...


Sometimes simple and classic is the way to go, and this dress by Melissa Sweet is just that. I love the elongated bodice ~ a dropped waistline helps add a little 'height' to girls like me. (I'm 5'2", by the way!) and the detail is stunning. Plus, I could easily add a floral element to the waist or in my hair!


Or, I could say screw it, it's my wedding, and I want it ALL in ONE! This stunner from Romona Keveza captures every element. A little sassy bustline, a big 'ol flower, cascading pleats and ruffles down the back (complete with itty bitty buttons!), and even a little bit of petticoat showing at the bottom.

Honestly, gals, I could keep going here. The dress I used in my original inspiration board is also a favorite (it's by Claire Pettibone), and there were a few more Vera's and a Hererra that almost made it... but we have to draw the line somewhere! So, once again, I'm asking for your vote! Which is your favorite for me?

(PS - the veil and the Louboutins are a done deal!)