Vintage Bowling

In the desert outside of LA there is a little place called Pioneertown. It was built in 1946 as a movie set for Westerns. And amongst the dusty bars and period hotels... there is a bowling alley:

The cutest most peachy keen bowling alley I ever did see!

How cool are those vintage pins?

And space-age details?

Plus I think I just had a revelation on these lyrics from Counting Crows...

"We drove out to the desert just to lie down beneath this bowl of stars
We stand up in the palace like it's the last of the great pioneer town bars
We shout out these songs against the clang of electric guitars
You can see a million miles tonight
But you can't get very far..."
~ Mrs. Potter's Lullaby


Have I mentioned how much I love Counting Crows? I do. I really really do.

Flickr photos via here and here.