Meet the Maids

Earlier today, I had Anne from Perfect Bound introduce my idea for a little Bridesmaid Challenge. I asked two of my best friends (who are definitely my future bridesmaids and happen to also be bloggers) Erin and Lyndsy to create bridesmaid inspiration boards based off off of my wedding board. Both girls did an amazing job, and I expect it was a serious challenge for Lyndsy considering my subtle hues! (You can see her wedding photos right here.)

But, before I share theirs with you, I wanted to show you my picks!

For Erin, this stunning dress from Holly Stalder that only she and her supermodel body could pull off. For my sister, a simple little Prada (her tan olive skin would look stunning in this shade of pink!), and for Lyndsy a gorgeously detailed BCBG dress with her favorite sweetheart neckline. I really like the idea of each bridesmaid being a different shade from my inspiration board, since they're all fairly neutral, and then having their accessories pull them together...


I'm horrible when it comes to the little details, so I'm keeping it simple in this category. First of all, the ring would be a bridesmaid gift. Created by Jennifer at Light Flight & Heaven on Etsy this simple ring symbolizes many things and also features two sparrows ~ a perfect way to tie in the theme and serve as a promise to always be there for my girls. The bouquet should look familiar from my post below, and the makeup is inspired by this glowing look from Scarlett Johansson. The shoes? Fabulous Fendi.

Of course, if I could throw in a cuff from Tom Binns for all my maids (and one for me!) I would be a very happy bride!

Coming up... Erin & Lyndsy's picks for their dream ensembles... can't wait to see how they compare to mine!