Contest Finalists: Round Two

I promised I'd give you three boards every day... here are today's!


What I loved about Cassandra's board (other than her name and the abundant use of green of course) was the fact that she took a very chic and glam room and kept it simple. She created a fresh and clean board with very classic choices, but threw some pieces in there to make it personal ~ like the Celtic ring and the whimsical umbrella lights. Have I mentioned I loved sparklers for a wedding? Well, I DO!



I'd really like to only say two things about Janet's board and then let what she wrote me in her email speak for the rest. 1) I love that she took a very traditional contemporary room and created a completely 20's inspired board. 2) So original!!

Here's what she wrote: The vintage 1923 wedding dress is the pièce de résistance of the wedding. After you’ve found a dress like this the key to modernizing and pulling-off this look is all about finding the right accessories. The earrings from Anthropologie were a great period-inspired find. The understated tiara and exquisite tasseled pearl necklace pull the whole look together. I found two amazing pairs of shoes (thanks to Janie Medley over at TBC). Each is pictured next to the gown I would put them with. By pairing some over the top items (for the bride: the dress, earrings and bouquet) with more subtle items (clean crisp hairstyle, headband and shoes) the look becomes updated-vintage.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Janet. And finally...



I don't even know if 'Citrus Chic' is the right way to describe this board... maybe WOW is more appropriate? I fell in love instantly with the choices Rebecca made here. The feel reminds me of Palm Springs with the mid-century modern touches (like the invitation and the photo of the Parker... but then there's a bit of a Mexican flair to it as well with the gorgeous church and the beach ceremony set-up. A completely successful combination of two very different looks is tough to achieve, and Rebecca did an amazing job!

Don't forget to voice your opinion in the comments here or on flickr!