coco+kelley is getting MARRIED!

Ok, I'm not really getting married. But, here's the deal.

Nearly all of my friends are already married, getting married, or practically married. And you know what? I'm sick of them having all the fun. I'm the girl who's had my wedding planned since high school. I have a whole box overflowing with ideas. I used to collect Martha Stewarts like they were goin' out of style. So, guess what? IT'S MY TURN!! (And yours!)


Just because there's no ring on my finger doesn't mean I can't make an inspiration board, pick out a dress, torture my bridesmaids, and find the location of my dreams. So, in a couple weeks I will be hosting the first official coco+kelley wedding week here on my little blog...

This is where the contest comes in!


In true coco+kelley fashion, I am challenging you, (dear creative stylish readers and fellow bloggers) to participate in a little twist on my favorite feature: 'Rooms from the Runway'.

The contest? Take a room and create a wedding. That's right. You heard me. I wanna see inspiration boards designed completely around one of my favorite rooms. To get your creative juices flowing, I've selected 36 rooms in lots of colors and created a flickr set right here.

Pick a room. Build your board. Easy!!

The winner will get a little prize package from me, which will include a set of personalized stationery (your choice of design!) from Pink Lily Press, as well as a few other goodies I will reveal as they come in.

So... what are you waiting for? You've got two weeks to create your wedding and send it in to me at: cocokelley [at] gmail.com. Here are the details:
* Submissions are due by August 18th.
* Please include your name and city with your entry.
* Please list your sources for all photos.
* Yes, you can make more than one board, but only one will be considered for the contest (you can specify, or let me pick!)

I cannot WAIT to see what you all come up with!!!

Here's a little taste of where I'm going with mine to get you started...

Get inspired people!! This is about to get good!

** footnote: one reader asked about the runway gown above. it is from the elie saab 2008 fall couture collection. the white wedding gown is j. crew.