Wedding Guest #3: Kathryn from Snippet & Ink Throws a Rehearsal Dinner

With a wedding that's turning out to be a little bit country, I wanted a rehearsal dinner that was much more city. After all, a girl needs to feel a little glam, and the city is definitely more my style on a daily basis. So, I emailed Kathryn over at Snippet & Ink to ask her to come with a little inspiration... after all, she IS the queen of these boards! I sent her a few rooms to choose from and my current favorite dress, and let her do the rest...


I'm so excited to be part of Wedding Week on coco+kelley! Cassandra asked me to make an inspiration board that was a bit of a twist on what I usually do, for a rehearsal dinner party rather than for a wedding, and all I could think was how fun! Rehearsal dinners - just like weddings - can range from casual cookouts to formal dinners. Based on this lounge by Kelley Wearstler, I imagined a chic mod cocktail party, in kelly green, black and white, with sassy details like a concert poster invitation and Gina Foster's outrageous fascinator.

Here's the room I chose with the dress Cassandra selected:


And here is the board!


Top row from left: Room by Kelley Wearstler, Chandeliers photo by Vue, Hors d'Oeuvres from Creative Edge via Brooklyn Bride

Row 2: Lounge area from Soiree, Feather fascinator by Gina Foster

Row 3: Shot glass photo by Francine Zaslow, Antique mirrored boxes from Charlotte Moss, Save the Date by Marit Hanson via What Junebug Loves, Cake by Jim Smeal from Brides

Row 4: Coasters by Good on Paper Design, Cocktail Dress, Necklace from Saylor Sage, Table Photo by Isabel Lawrence


You better believe I'm holding onto this board for the day when I really have my rehearsal dinner! Each of these details is so spot on, and exactly what I had imagined it to look like. I am especially in love with the over-the-top feather headdress and the unique invitations. Thank you Kathryn!