Room of the Week 8.7

Oh, sweet simplicity...


I'm feeling the need to clear things out, simplify, keep it clean and fresh and this room is really grasping that concept for me. It's the perfect blend of comfort and glamour ~ nothing stuffy, but still completely elegant. Love... the open ceiling, the chandelier, the beautiful linens, the chairs (I have a set of four of these in a creamy white!), grey cabinets, and a semi-open kitchen.

Such a perfect gathering space! And on the other side of the room, a comfy seating area. Notice that the mirror is perfectly placed centered to the chandelier to reflect it into the living room? Genius. It reminds me of exactly how I would love to decorate a second home ... perhaps in Provence? Or the Tuscan countryside? Or, more realistically, an island in the San Juans? I can just see us all gathered around the table for a delicious meal...

room via skona hem